Use and Care Instructions for Carrier Motion Appliance
Use and care instructions for the Carriere Motion appliance:
- Wear the elastics and retainer the recommended amount, usually 20-22 hours a day. Anything less than 20 hours/day will not achieve the desired result.
- Do not wear the elastics without your retainer, doing so can have adverse effects to the alignment of your lower teeth.
- Replace your elastics 2-3 times per day or after every meal.
- Avoid any hard or sticky foods to prevent the appliance from breaking.
- The use of this appliance will continue until we achieve the desired bite (as pictured below), we will not start braces/Invisalign until the bite is corrected.
Maintenance of retainers and appliance:
- Clean retainer using toothbrush and dish soap with warm water.
- Store retainer in the compact case provided (not a napkin) when not in use.
- Rinse your mouth after eating to avoid trapping sugars/bacteria.
- Use the proxy brush to scrub underneath the bars to prevent gum inflammation.
- Call our office if the upper appliance comes loose or if the lower retainer is lost/broken.
What you can expect:
- As the elastics are worn, the upper teeth will be sore for the first few days. This will only improve if the elastics are worn consistently. The upper teeth anchoring the elastic will eventually feel loose and small spaces will open between the upper front teeth. These changes will lay the foundation for an excellent final result.